Pages

Saturday Snacks...




This is the awesome chocolate Frosting Recipe that I used for Mom and Dad's Anniversary, and also for Jame's Peck's Birthday cake. (Pictures of that coming up soon ) Anyways, Mom says this is the best frosting recipe she has ever tasted! I think so too! It's not that sweet, yet it's very good, so it doesn't give the cake that "too sweet" taste. If you ever make it, let me know what you think.

- Frosting -

2 packs of semisweet baking chocolate ( or chocolate chips ) ( 8 oz. )
3 cups of heavy whipping cream

1. For frosting, melt semisweet chocolate in microwave or a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Gradually stir in cream until well blended. Heat to a gentle boil. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours. When ready to use, whip with mixer for a few minutes. Will turn into a light, fluffy frosting. Immediately spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator.

Both times I made it, I melted the chocolate, added the whipping cream, and the chocolate got kinda hard. Anyways, I melted most of it, but there were still a few bits of hard chocolate. I just scooped those out.

- Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It's great to hear from our Blog Followers!